Suffering Through An Aspartame Withdrawal
Aspartame withdrawal is very real, just as any other addictive product. Despite the millions of people that have to struggle to clean their body from this harmful substance, the FDA still allows it to be used in an abundance of food and drinks. The phenylalanine that is found in aspartame significantly lowers your threshold for seizures and it depletes serotonin from your body. With less serotonin, manic depression, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, mood swings and rage are all triggered and you can't control any of these feelings. Aspartame is an extremely dangerous product. It can cause you to have an irregular heartbeat and it can interfere with cardiac medication.
Products With Aspartame
Sugar-free gum is the worst thing that you can indulge in that contains aspartame because the small molecules enter your mouth's mucous membranes and travel directly into your bloodstream and straight to your brain. You might as well just give yourself an IV of it.
Other products that you could end up with aspartame withdrawal from are soft drinks, certain prescription drugs and over the counter medications, vitamin and herb supplements, instant breakfasts, yogurt, breath mints, candy, cereal, coffee beverages, cocoa mixes, frozen desserts, gelatin desserts, laxatives, juice beverages, shake mixes, mild drinks, tea beverages, table top sweeteners, wine coolers, topping mixes and the list goes on. It is important to note that many manufacturers get away with not listing aspartame on their ingredients by adding the words “contains phenylalanine' which not everyone even understands.
If you think that detoxing and going through aspartame withdrawal is too difficult to deal with, perhaps you should know that there are 92 negative health side effects from it. Below are just some of the health complications that you are putting yourself at risk for every single time that you consume something with aspartame in it.
- Eyes – Blindness, decreased night vision, decreased tears, pain in your eyes, difficulty wearing contacts, bulging eyes and decreased vision including bright flashes, blurring and tunnel vision.
- Ears – Buzzing or ringing sound in your ears, marked hearing impairment and severe intolerance of noise.
- Chest – Palpitations, high blood pressure and shortness of breath.
- Neurological – Epileptic seizures, headaches, dizziness, memory loss, confusion, drowsiness, slurred speech, restless legs, hyperactivity and severe tremors.
- Psychological – Severe depression, aggression, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, phobias and personality changes.
- Gastrointestinal – Diarrhea, nausea, pain when swallowing and abdominal pain.
- Metabolic – Worsened diabetes, menstrual changes, thinning hair, weight loss or gradual weight gain, low blood sugar and severe PMS.
- Skin and Allergies – Lip and mouth reactions, hives, itching and asthma.
- Other – Burning while urinating, excessive thirst, fluid retention, bloating and leg swelling.
Additional symptoms that you can experience if you are unwilling to go through aspartame withdrawal to get your body clean of it are brain damage, birth defects which include mental retardation, aggressive behavior, suicidal tendencies and even death.
Aspartame may mimic, cause or trigger serious diseases such as chronic fatigue syndrome, Grave's disease, EMS, mercury sensitivity, lupus, lymphoma, Lyme disease, epilepsy, Meniere's disease, ALS, multiple sclerosis, post-polio syndrome, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, Alzheimer’s disease, non-Hodgkin disease and attention deficit disorder.
Aspartame withdrawal is challenging to get through but most people report that they feel back to normal within 30 days of following these steps:
- Record health changes in your body by keeping a daily journal of what you eat and how you feel.
- Restore depleted nutrients by eating plenty of leafy green vegetables and fruit.
- Have raw foods make up over half of your daily diet.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Exercise daily, even if it is only a walk around the block.
- Drink a generous amount of water every day to flush your system out.